Agenda:Alexandria holds monthly non-partisan programs that take a look at Alexandria issues without taking sides. Programs begin at 7:15 pm at The Hermitage, 5000 Fairbanks Avenue, Alexandria, VA 22311. Parking is free. We meet in the Auditorium which is on B level, accessible directly from the lower entrance off Fillmore Avenue or through the main lobby entrance.
Save the Date! Programs are $5 each or free with your $35 membership, payable on-line or at the door by check or credit. All are invited to a pre-program dinner if desired. Dinner is 6:45 to 7:15, prices starting at $32 with reservations by this Friday, September 21. Our featured chef – cooking on outdoor grills for our indoor buffett – on September 24 is Randy Peaches, owner of Do Yourself a Flava’ Catering.
2018-19 Program Topics
- 9/24/18 – Affordable Housing: Affordable for Whom?
- 10/22/18 – Return of the Electeds: Perspectives, Lessons and Legends
- 11/26/18 – Loan Sharks or Lenders of Last Resort?
- 1/28/19 – Bullying and Lockdowns: Perspectives on School Security
- 2/25/19 – Whither Landmark: What Happens After Wonder Woman?
- 3/25/19 – Del Ray: The Forgotten Town of Potomac
- 4/22/19 – Eco-City Report Card: Is Alexandria Cleaning Up Its Act?
- 5/20/19 – Broken Promises? Neighborhood Transitions and Transparency